High strength and durability
High-quality polyurethane raw materials for heat-activated adhesives
Increasing productivity to reduce costs is a key goal in many industries. Not surprisingly, adhesive formulators are looking for ways to help their customers increase efficiencies. Heat or thermal-activated polyurethane adhesives are effective solutions for several applications.
Heat-activated adhesives do not form bonds until they are heated minimum activation temperature (typically 50 C to 100 C). Therefore, if used without crosslinker, application of the adhesive can be done in a completely separate process, allowing for improved logistics and increased productivity.
Covestro offers polyurethane raw materials for the formulation of waterborne and solvent-based heat-activated adhesives:
In addition to outstanding adhesion properties, heat-activated adhesives formulated with our polyurethane raw materials:
- Offer high initial and final bond strengths
- Show very good heat resistance and long-term durability (if crosslinked)
- Can be applied via most common application methods, including spray coating
Applications for heat-activated polyurethane adhesives include:
- Bonding of shoe soles
- 3D lamination of MDF boards for furniture fronts
- Bonding via the vacuum deep draw process, particularly for the lamination of interior automotive parts
A total of