The best of both worlds
Silane-terminated polyurethane prepolymers for adhesives and sealants
Polyurethanes and silicones each have properties that make them attractive as raw materials for adhesives and sealants. Covestro has developed low volatile organic compound (VOC) content, hybrid prepolymers that leverage the advantages of both technologies.
Our Desmoseal® S silane-terminated polyurethane (STP) prepolymers are based on polyurethane prepolymers terminated with specific and unique tri-functional alkoxysilane end groups. This allows formulations without, solvents and labeling to create elastic sealants and flexible adhesives with excellent cohesive strength and good adhesive properties.
Desmoseal® S prepolymers are used to formulate hybrid, one-component (1K), moisture-curing products with a range of performance characteristics.
Key features of Desmoseal® S STP low-VOC prepolymer formulations include:
- Good adhesion to different substrates (in many cases without primer) combined with good cohesive and elastic properties
- Good adhesive strength
- Good elastic recovery
- Excellent physical properties
- Bubble-free curing even in thick layers
- High reactivity (reduced need for catalyst)
- Good additive compatibility
- Easily dilutable with various solvents
Desmoseal® polyurethane prepolymers are used to formulate sealants and adhesives for construction, transportation and other industrial applications.